Transforming Text Into Knowledge API
22 Aug 2010I had a chance to play with the AlchemyAPI I came across today. AlchemyAPI is a semantic tagging and text mining Application Programming Interface (API). I have about 10K web pages I want to extract top keywords and key phrases from. I want meaning extracted from the words on each page. AlchemyAPI provides nine methods:
- Named Entity Extraction - Identifies people, companies, organizations, cities, geographic features and other entities within content provided.
- Topic Categorization - Applies a categorization for the content provided.
- Language Detection - Provides language detection for the content provided.
- Concept Tagging - Tagging of the content provided.
- Keyword Extraction - Provides topic / keyword / tag extraction for the content provided.
- Text Extraction / Web Page Cleaning - Provides mechanism to extract the page text from web pages.
- Structured Content Scraping - Ability to mine structured data from web pages.
- Microformats Parsing / Extraction - Extraction of hCard, adr, geo, and rel formatted content from any web page.
- RSS / ATOM Feed Detection - Provides RSS / ATOM feed detection in any web pages.